Sunday 27 October 2013

Friendship

Thoughts after Byron and Lisa's visit...some cliches...

A precious thing

Deep friendship
far below bottomless oceans
above highest heavens
beyond the farthest reaches of the earth.

Heart relationship,
beyond any barriers,
uncluttered loving,
rooted and established full-grown trust.

(almost)
'no conditions' love
warts and all
completely accepting
a tiny glimpse of heaven here on earth. 

Keeping safe

I have given my heart to my friend.
She has nurtured and kept it safe
for nearly thirty years.
She is trustworthy. She reflects Jesus.

I have opened my heart to my friend.
She has poured love into it and helped fill it up
for nearly thirty years.
She is loving. She shows me Jesus.

I have trusted my heart to my friend.
She has protected and nourished it
for nearly thirty years.
She graciously helps me follow Jesus.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Cliches or not, these poems mean a lot to me. My favorite phrase is "full grown trust." That place of trust is such a gift. Thank you!