Sunday 8 February 2009

Insane revenge

‘Twas last year I lost my lover, she who left me for another.
Tho at first I dwelt in sorrow, baring all my soul to borrow
Strength from friends and family, still none came to rescue me.
Sleepless nights became my friends, hours and hours without end
Accompanied by fevered plans of revenge taken by my hands
Until at last the ideal plot occurred to me: my soul grew hot.

How I rejoiced in jubilation at my perfect calculation.
How all would see and all would wonder at revenge taken on the Other.
No comeback would he ever dare for none could ever reach me there.
That place of refuge, sanctuary would surely enough protection be.
Without delay I carried out my scheme without a care or doubt.
Straightway with her I was united; troth for eternity was plighted.
But still my plans had gone all wrong: for Death had had her all along.

No comments: