Thursday 1 April 2021

Saturday afternoon

 Sitting in the silent classroom

I am not alone.

Each empty desk speaks

of the child it harbours

on normal days.

Today, I am accompanied

by a myriad of scribbled thoughts, ideas, feelings;

each story shouts its author’s personality.

I read. I smile. I frown.

I scribble my thoughts.

This Saturday afternoon

I give each child my undivided attention, as if

they are the only one in front of me.

Ah, teaching.

#notyourusualMondaytoFridayjob

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This Internet message transmission including any attached files may contain confidential and /or privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, return the transmission to us, and be advised that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. Please ensure that all copies received in error whether stored electronically or by any other method are destroyed. DISCLAIMER: Elizabeth College shall not be liable to the recipient or any third party for any loss or damage howsoever arising from this message or its content. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Elizabeth College unless otherwise specifically stated.

No comments: