Monday 12 April 2010

Strangers...

Strangers

In the night I wake
wondering what happened
to our familiarity,

your face strange on the
pillow’s creamy whiteness
dreaming far away from me.

Friendship deep in love,
once closer than my heart
joy beyond all my description

fled out the window
with a stranger’s stare and
so love suffered destruction.


How strange we are

How strange we are
meeting at the breakfast table
bathed in routine.

Hearts and thoughts
hidden behind the newspaper
reading nothing of each other.

Mundane queries
stifle creativity of feeling
as our minds rush ahead into the day.

We go to work; we talk; relate
better to the strangers we work with
than to each other, the strangers we have become.

Blessings

I bless the day I met you
stranger on a train
travelling forward to adventure
of a different kind.

I bless the day our eyes met,
our mouths spoke of truths
and unknown exploration
of all things new.

I bless the day our hearts met
experiencing
in joyous acknowledgment
true recognition.

I bless the day I met you
stranger on the train
of happy circumstances.
Together. Always. Ever.

March 'Writelink' competition

No comments: