Tuesday 15 September 2009

Wild times

Causing chaos

I’ve worked hard at school for most of my life:
done all my work, avoided the strife.
But now it’s too much, I just can’t take any more
of the slog and the grind and of being so bored.

So I’ve given out sweets to all of the class:
enormous gobstoppers: they can’t even laugh.
There’s glue on the seats and bugs on the desks:
the mayhem I’m causing has everyone stressed.

Soon there’ll be music: the unpleasant kind
as the Head will be shouting, “She’s out of her mind!”
It’s too late: I really don’t care what they say -
‘cos no-one can sack me; I’m 60 today!

A wild one

When young, I was a good girl
who never broke the rules.
I always did my homework
Was never late for school.

But when I went to uni
I learnt to be a rebel
Eschewed both job and pension:
Never learnt to settle.

So now I live a wild life
Adventure is the Game:
I don’t regret a single thing –
Who’d want a life that’s tame?

So now I live a wild life
I know no other way
So come on now and join me –
Take a chance today.

So now I live a wild life
of carefree times and fun.
I don’t regret the choice I made
Or all the things I’ve done.

So now I live a wild life
I know no other way
Not for me the staid and dull -
It’s adventure every day.

Monkeying around

I’m fed up with sitting here all on my own:
Expected to leap up and put on a show.
Oh, I long to escape, I so long to be free
Of the drudge and the grind and the serving of tea.

So I’m making a break, gonna get out of here
No longer will I be a victim of fear.
I’ll scatter the tea cups, throw cake and toss buns,
I’ll leap over any dumb keeper who comes.

But as I get out of my uncomfortable cage
I see that the visitors have started to rage.
They’re heading my way and they’re after me, too –
Perhaps I might stay here: it’s safe in the zoo.

No comments: