Saturday 1 March 2008

School poems

Staff room poetry

Longings
Sit down in hope
Avoid the grope
For the sweets and chocolate which lurk in hidden corners of my handbag.

Something Wrong
The cups are on the bookshelf
The coffee’s in the sink
The milk is in the oven
There’s something wrong, I think.

The spoons are in the rubbish bin
The sugar’s on the floor
I really feel there’s something wrong
Oh, who can tell me more?

It’s appearing pretty simple
It’s obviously quite plain
The solution’s just so obvious
I’ve lost my marbles once again.

Dreams
My thoughts are in the marketplace
My attention in the fields
My dreams have hit the ceiling
My spirit sorely yields.

Wandering
I left the room
Fully intending
To go outside
But
Forgot my mission
And
Ended up
Wandering the corridors in silence.

Time to go home
Isn’t it time to go home yet?
Isn’t it time to be off?
Isn't it time to go out in the wet
And pick up a cold and a cough?

Isn’t it time to finish?
Isn’t it time to end?
Isn’t it time to pick up my bag
And leave to go off round the bend?

Isn’t it time to be sensible?
Isn’t it time to be calm?
Isn’t it time to completely cool down
Before I can do any harm?

Isn’t it time to just stop, now?
Isn’t it time to leave?
Isn’t it time to chuck it all in
And give this malarkey a heave?

No comments: